Communication is key to improving family health in Bangladesh. Behavior Change Communication (BCC) makes use of an expanding mass media, new technologies, and new ideas in communication to influence health and social behavior change. BCC is therefore particularly effective in reproductive health and total health care programme in the country, since these are areas where millions of people need to understand approve, and actually use service.
The Role of BCC is Thus Crucial in:
- Creating awareness
- Increasing knowledge
- Building approval
- Influencing behavior
Areas for Action
- Change perception, attitude and behavior of people to improve their reproductive health, gender, nutritional and health status.
- Build effective community support and community involvement in reproductive health including family planning, safe motherhood, child health, adolescent reproductive health, gender equity, and nutrition.
- Promote health-seeking behavior
- Change attitude and behavior of service providers to provide client centered services.
- Address population issues and promote sustainable human development.
- Need to address mothers and children, couples, in-laws, adolescents, family members (especially elders), adult males and females and disabled persons and under served groups, urban slums, street children, hard core poor, people of hard to reach areas.
Similar of Behavior Change